- drop zc.buildout usage for development, now using only virtualenv
- Backward incompatibility : Removed the anchor argument of
TestResponse.click() and the button argument of
TestResponse.clickbutton(). It is for the greater good.
- Rewrote API documentation [Domen Kožar]
- Added wsgiproxy support to do HTTP request to an URL [gawel]
- Use BeautifulSoup4 to parse forms [gawel]
- Added TestApp.patch_json [gawel]
- Implement TestApp.cookiejar support and kindof keep
TestApp.cookies functionality. TestApp.cookies
should be treated as read-only.
- Split Selenium integration into separate package webtest-selenium
- Split casperjs integration into separate package webtest-casperjs
- Test coverage improvements [harobed, cdevienne, arthru, Domen Kožar, gawel]
- Fully implement decoding of HTML entities
- Fix tox configuration
- fix tests error due to CLRF in a tarball
- add travis-ci
- migrate repository to https://github.com/Pylons/webtest
- Fix a typo in apps.py: selectedIndicies
- Preserve field order during parsing (support for deform and such)
- allow equals sign in the cookie by spliting name-value-string pairs on
the first ‘=’ sign as per
- fix an error when you use AssertionError(response) with unicode chars in
- added webtest.ext - allow to use casperjs
- fix #42 Check uppercase
- fix #36 Radio can use forced
- fix #24 Include test
- fix bug when trying to print a response which contain some unicode chars
- fix #39 Add PATCH to
- fix #33 Remove
CaptureStdout. Do nothing and break pdb
- use OrderedDict to store fields in form. See
- fix #38 Allow to post falsey
- fix #37 Allow
Content-Length: 0 without Content-Type
- fix #30 bad link to pyquery
- Never catch NameError during iteration
- added post_json, put_json, delete_json
- fix #25 params dictionary of
webtest.AppTest.post() does not support unicode values
- improve showbrowser. fixed #23
- print_stderr fail with unicode string on python2
- Added .option() #20
- Fix #21
- Full python3 compat
- Moved TestApp to app.py
- Added selenium testing framework. See sel module.
- Accept lists for app.post(url, params=[...])
- Allow to use url that starts with the SCRIPT_NAME found in extra_environ
- Fix #16 Default
content-type is now correctly set to application/octet-stream
- Fix #14 and #18 Allow to use
- Fix #12
- Fix #10,
now TestApp.extra_environ doesn’t take precedence over a WSGI
environment passed in through the request.
- Removed stray print
- Revert change to cookies that would add " around cookie values.
- Added property webtest.Response.pyquery() which returns a
- Set base_url on resp.lxml
- Include tests and docs in tarball.
- Fix sending in webob.Request (or webtest.TestRequest) objects.
- Fix handling forms with file uploads, when no file is selected.
- Added extra_environ argument to webtest.TestResponse.click().
- Fixed/added wildcard statuses, like status="4*"
- Fix file upload fields in forms: allow upload field to be empty.
- Added support for single-quoted html attributes.
- TestResponse now has unicode support. It is turned on by default
for all responses with charset information. This is backward
incompatible change if you rely (e.g. in doctests) on parsed
form fields or responses returned by json and lxml methods
being encoded strings when charset header is in response. In order
to switch to old behaviour pass use_unicode=False flag to
- Added method TestApp.request(), which can be used for
sending requests with different methods (e.g., MKCOL). This
method sends all its keyword arguments to
webtest.TestRequest.blank() and then executes the request.
The parameters are somewhat different than other methods (like
webtest.TestApp.get()), as they match WebOb’s attribute
names exactly (the other methods were written before WebOb existed).
- Removed the copying of stdout to stderr during requests.
- Fix file upload fields in forms (#340) – you could
upload files with webtest.TestApp.post(), but if you use
resp.form file upload fields would not work (from rcs-comp.com
and Matthew Desmarais).
- Fix form inputs; text inputs always default to the empty string, and
unselected radio inputs default to nothing at all. From Daniele
- Fix following links with fragments (these fragments should not be
sent to the WSGI application). From desmaj.
- Added force_value to select fields, like
res.form['select'].force_value("new_value"). This makes it
possible to simulate forms that are dynamically updated. From
- Fixed webtest.Response.mustcontain() when you pass in a
- Changed the __str__ of responses to make them more doctest
- All headers are displayed capitalized, like Content-Type
- Headers are sorted alphabetically
- Changed __repr__ to only show the body length if the complete
body is not shown (for short bodies the complete body is in the
- Note: these are backward incompatible changes if you are using
doctest (you’ll have to update your doctests with the new format).
- Fixed exception in the .delete method.
- Added a content_type argument to app.post and app.put,
which sets the Content-Type of the request. This is more
convenient when testing REST APIs.
- Skip links in <script>...</script> tags (since that’s not real
- Don’t submit unnamed form fields.
- Checkboxes with no explicit value send on (previously they
sent checked, which isn’t what browsers send).
- Support for <select multiple> fields (from Matthew Desmarais)
- Fix the TestApp validator’s InputWrapper lacking support for
readline with an argument as needed by the cgi module.
- Keep URLs in-tact in cases such as
app.get('http://www.python.org') (so HTTP_HOST=www.python.org,
- Fix lxml.html import, so lxml 2.0 users can get HTML lxml
objects from resp.lxml
- Treat <input type="image"> like a submit button.
- Use BaseCookie instead of SimpleCookie for storing cookies
(avoids quoting cookie values).
- Accept any params argument that has an items method (like